Avantidrome Home of Cycling Cambridge
Official opening is 12th April 2014 by Prince William & Duchess of Cambridge
The feature will be the fully enclosed indoor velodrome, 250m indoor cycling track with permanent seating capacity of 1,500 seats, expandable to 4000 for major events
A few interesting facts:
- The Avantidrome design allows for unimpeded views within the main arena which means that the main structure is required to be supported from the exterior circumference with no internal supporting columns.
- The Avantidrome building (excluding the office/services building) spans 77 meters across and 120 meters long, bigger than a rugby field.
- The Avantidrome building at its highest point is equivalent to a six story building.
- The steel structure has approximately 525 tonnes of structural steel, equivalent to 379 Holden Commodores.
- The metal roofing/cladding covers an area of 6,800m² which is enough to roof 34 standard New Zealand homes.
- 3,500m³ of concrete will be used, equivalent to a footpath running from the centre of Hamilton to the centre of Te Awamutu.
Bike & Helmet Hire
We have 100 Avanti bikes ready to be used on the track. You don’t need to worry about owning your own track bike or helmet as we have them ready for you to use at your session. We have sizes ranging from small to extra-large and have a range of entry level Pista to more advanced Pista Pros.
Our Pista Pros have shimano pedals on them for the more experienced rider.
Our bike and helmet hire does not cost any more. For $15 per hour, this includes your bike & helmet hire.
Cafe - Revolve
We invite you to our in-house cafe on site at the Avantidrome. Enjoy a light ride on the Te Awa river trail, arriving at the foot of the cafe sipping a latte in the sun while your kids keep entertained on our purpose built wooden pump track.
Avanti Bike Shop
Come into reception at the Avantidrome and you will see the Avanti Bike Shop. Managed by Mike you can browse not only track bikes, but bmx, mountain, road and touring bikes in this one-stop all facility. Check the shop out next time you are at the Avantidrome.
1716 Cambridge Road, Cambridge 3283